The emergence of Nairabet
Nairabet is the first internet sports betting platform to be launched in Nigeria. It was launched in 2009 by owner and founder, Otunba Akin Alabi, who is a Nigerian politician, entrepreneur and philanthropist. He is also the author of the business and marketing book titled Small Business Big Money. He is well known for organizing motivational seminars and helping young Nigerians start their businesses. He is also known for supporting the entertainment industry and managing some rising artists in the country. Otunba Akin Alabi started Nairabet because of the increasing love and passion for the sport in the country coupled with the fact that Nigerians could only place a bet online on foreign sites using foreign currencies and he thought of the possibility to bet on a Nigeria owned betting platform which allowed the use of the local currency, Naira. Nairabet sports betting company is licensed by the Lagos state lottery board.
Why use Nairabet?
Nairabet offers the chance to bet on several sports with thousands of in-game options to bet on. Most punters bet on games before they start as they feel they are safer to place bets on, although that might not be entirely accurate. The Live betting option in Nairabet allows for punters to go with the flow of a game as it is currently happening and make predictions of what could happen in the next minutes. It allows for a more realistic approach and better judgement to earn more.
For example, if Tottenham football club is playing Arsenal in an English premier league game and they are winning in the 46th minute and Arsenal’s coach, Mikel Arteta introduces Alexandre Lacazette as a substitute, you might feel that’s a game-changing substitute who could stage a comeback for Arsenal and place a live bet that Arsenal will win or draw the game as the game goes on.
Creating a Nairabet account
To open a Nairabet account, you must be of age 18 and above and be a resident of Nigeria. You will be required to provide a valid email address and phone number as well as a username and password to protect your account.
Funding your Nairabet account
Once you have created your account, you will need to fund it to be able to place bets on games in different sports across the world. The fastest way to fund your account is by adding your ATM card and specifying the amount you wish to deposit in your account. On complete creation of your account, you will get the prompt to deposit in your bet account by adding your card details. Other ways you can fund your Nairabet account include S2W, Bank Deposit, Pay at an ATM, Online banking, Pay with BANKIT by ETRANZACT, Quickteller, GT Collections and Pay with NIBBS. The least accepted amount to deposit is 100 Naira.
What is the accepted currency on Nairabet?
The accepted currency on Nairabet is the Nigerian Naira.
How to bet on live betting at Nairabet?
The live betting feature in nairabet also known as in-play betting allows you to place bets while games are going on. This gives access to increased odds and opportunities to bet on a varying set of betting options.
To bet on live betting, you must follow these steps
- First, you must own a Nairabet account which can be created in 5 minutes with a valid email address and setting up your password to provide maximum security.
- The next step is to fund the account to be able to place your bet on your favourable odds without any restrictions.
- Next is to click on the live icon to see a list of ongoing games at the time to place your bet. This Live icon can be found at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- After clicking on live, you will see a list of games that are currently ongoing and you have the option of selecting different sports. You can choose between an Accumulator to pick a selected number of games, multiple or single to bet on a single ongoing game.
- Once you select the game or games, you will see a Total odds below and then you can choose the amount you wish to place on your bet.
- Your bet slip will automatically be generated once you are done selecting your games, then you can proceed to place your bet by filling in the amount you wish to stake in the stake option provided.
- This amount you choose will be multiplied by the total odds, coupled with a bonus to reveal possible total winnings should your prediction turn valid as the game goes on.
For example, if you pick a total of ten games to place your bet, accumulating the odds to 10.45 and staking 1000 Naira, should all your predictions turn out right, your bet would have won you a total of 10,450 Naira plus a bonus from Nairabet.
It is worth noting that the odds in live betting could change as the game goes on due to the live happenings.
The casino industry in Nigeria is not as successful as you’ll expect or in comparison with the industries in countries like Kenya and South Africa. For one, the casinos in the country are a few and mostly exclusive to top clubs and 5-star hotels frequented by the elites. Is it simply a case of too few casinos servicing a large population or a lack of interest from the country’s large population. It is easier to fall towards the former as evident by the appreciation shown to online casino betting by the same set of Nigerians.
The major focus on sports betting makes it so easy to forget the other betting options on the Nairabet platform. One of those exciting options is the Casino betting which gives 24/7 access to an online casino. It gives a feel of a casino
Your NairaBET account could feel like a flight ticket to Las Vegas with several options of casino games simulated to have the feeling of a real-time and experience of a casino in any part of the world along with real players. The NairaBET account gives you full, non-restricted access to play in an online casino, at any time for as long as you like.
How to play a casino game on Nairabet
To play a casino game online on Nairabet you could follow this link www.nairabet.com/casino/ or simply log into your Nairabet account and click on casino. On clicking casino, the game options will be on the left side of your dashboard, click and have fun.
Casino games on Nairabet are divided into the following categories:
Popular: These include popular casino games like Bloodshot, Froots and X-O Manowar. You have the option of playing these games straightaway or playing a Demo so you can better understand the rules and how it works.
Video Slots: Some of the games included here are Cash Cuisine 89, Fire vs Ice, Fur balls and many more games
Scratch cards: Asteroids scratch, Barn ville, Dragon scrolls and many more games are included in these categories
Instant win: This category only have 3 games available in it: Gems Odyssey, Fruit blast, Santa’s workshop 62%
Keno and Bingo: RIO Bingo and Lucky Keno are the only available games
Classic Slots: Tokyo Night extreme is the only game available in this category.
To start staking on Casino games, you need to create a Nairabet account if you don’t already have one, and if you do, you just need to log into your account to get started.
Nairabet Bonus and Promotions
Mega Virtual Promo is a promotional campaign run by Nairabet to reward punters with a 10% free bet on the first deposit between 9 am to 9 pm of the promotional window. The bet is exclusive to only punters betting on virtual products. It is valid for odds with a minimum of 1.2 only and is not to be used on single virtual bets.
First bet bonus promotion is a promotional campaign run by Nairabet to reward punters a 100% stake back at random during different times and days of the week. To earn the first bet reward, you must have staked on a minimum bet of 4 selection accumulators and the odds must be at least 1.2. The reward must be completely used in the next sports bet you place. It is only valid for the same day it was awarded.
When one game cuts your ticket, Nairabet offers a part payment of the amount you were supposed to win as long as all the games have a minimum of 1.2 odds and you have an accumulator of 10 games and above. For example, if you place a bet on 12 games with no game having the odds lower than 1.2 and your prediction for one game has a different outcome, Nairabet will take out the game that ruined the ticket and pay you for the rest.
The Cash-Out option gives punters the opportunity to make money from a bet before the game finishes. If a team you bet on is losing or winning you could decide to cash your money any time during the game. For live betting, the amount you are able to cash out keeps changing as the game goes on. If you bet on a series of games before the games start and fear that one game yet to be played can spoil your winnings, you will be allowed to cash out your winnings.
With Nairabet, you can edit your bets after submitting them as long as it has a minimum of 5 games before and after you edit. You are not allowed to reduce the amount of your stake, you can only increase the amount of your stake, remove or add a game. The edit your bets option is only available once per tickets.
Nairabet betting markets
Nairabet has a wide range of betting markets you can bet on. From football to tennis, virtual sports, casino, basketball, dart, volleyball, hockey, table tennis. Here are the most popular betting markets on Nairabet with great odds to place your bet on.
- 3-way betting market (1 X 2) represents the direct result of the match, you can either predict that the home team wins or the away team wins or that the game ends in a draw. 1 represents the home team, X draw and 2 the away team.
- Half time/Full time is a betting market where you predict the result of the end of both halves of a game. Here are the possible outcomes in this betting market: Draw-Draw, Draw-Away, Away-Home, Away-Draw, Away-Away Home-Home, Home-Draw, Home-Away, Draw-Home.
- Correct score is a betting market where you correctly predict the exact scores in which a game will end. The odds are usually very favourable for this one.
- The scorers market allows betters to predict the selected player to score. The better could select that the player will score at any time or be the first or last to score in a game.
- The total goals market is available for betters to predict the total number of goals that will be scored in a game by both teams. The options are usually 0-1 goals, 2-3 goals, 4-6 goals, 7 or more goals.
- Both teams to score is a betting market where a bet is placed on both sides in a game to score at least one goal each.
- Over and under is a betting market where the punter predicts that the total number of goals will either exceed a particular number or be less than a particular number. For example, if a better places a bet on a game having over 5 goals, it means the total goals from both sides in that game will be more than 5 while under 5 would mean they would score less than 5 goals in total.
- In the most scoring half betting market, the better has to pick which half of the game will have the most goals.
- Multiscores market is for predicting the correct score of a match. In this market, different scores are grouped together and you win if the final score of a game is accurate with one of the scores in the group you placed a bet on.
- The double chance market is a safe way of playing a bet, it predicts that the outcome of a game could result in a win or draw for a team, that way if the team you backed to win somehow draws, you still get to win your bet.
- Corner kicks betting market gives the opportunity to predict the range of amount of corners that will be played in a game, You could also predict the number of corner kicks a team will play in a game.
How to withdraw on Nairabet
To withdraw on Nairabet, you must have completely filled in your personal details which includes your full name, date of birth, house address, city of residence, bank name, account number and account type. Withdrawals will only be paid into bank accounts that correspond with the name you used to open the Nairabet account. You are only allowed to withdraw a minimum of N1000 and a maximum of N500,000 per day on Nairabet. Money deposited into a funded account cannot be withdrawn directly, it has to have been used to place a bet. You can only withdraw once in a day using Nairabet.
How long does it take to withdraw from Nairabet
Withdrawal usually takes up to one working day before it reflects in your chosen account.
How to contact Nairabet customer support
For any issues you might encounter while using Nairabet, it is easy to reach out for customer support by sending them an email at [email protected] or calling the help support line, 070062472238. Alternatively, you could pay the nairabet office a visit at 22, Isaac Aluko-Olokun Street, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Igbo-Efon Bus Stop, Lekki, Lagos.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How much does it cost to register on Nairabet?
It doesn’t cost any amount to register a betting account on Nairabet. However, you must fund your account to place bets on the sports betting platform.
What is the difference between a single bet and an accumulator on Nairabet?
A single bet is a bet placed on one game to have a particular outcome whereby your winning is solely dependent on what happens in that one game while an accumulator is a combination of bets that all need to turn out correctly in order to win. The accumulator is likely to have higher odds as it is a combination of those games and their odds.
Is there a withdrawal limit on Nairabet?
Yes, the least amount you can withdraw on Nairabet is 1000 Naira while the most you can withdraw in a day is 500,000 Naira.
What is the minimum age allowed to bet on Nairabet?
Only persons of age 18 and above are allowed to bet on Nairabet. It is illegal and prohibited for persons aged below 18 to own a Nairabet account or place a bet.
Can I regain my account if I forget my password?
Yes, you can, all you need to do is click on forgot? on the homepage and input your username, a new password will then be sent to your email.
In conclusion, Nairabet is one of the best online betting platforms in Nigeria because it is easy to use and has a variety of markets for betters to place bets.